Monday, April 16, 2007

Ahh the honeymoon...

Now, seeing as how many things that happen on a honeymoon are not to be shared (even though my fabulous husband might think so), I have decided to give you all a rundown of all the beautiful things we did in California *outside the hotel ;)

5am Sun April 8th: Ab and I were rudely awoken by the alarm clock. Our flight to Cali was at 7am. I will still never understand this, but ok. Adam being the gracious soul that he is drove us to the airport. One great perk of being at the airport on Easter morning at 6am is that you can GUARANTEE upgrades. We got to upgrade our seats from Dallas to San Francisco to First Class.

Our first dinner as a married couple was at a restaurant called "Spinnaker". The food was FANTASTIC, but due to the fact we were sitting out on the water, my body decided to get "sea sick" and I never finished eating.

Our first full day in San Francisco was indeed a FULL day. I got to walk on a beach and see the ocean for the first time; eat at the Cheesecake Factory (on top of a 7 story Macy's!) in downtown San Francisco; and see the A's play their opening game in McAfee Coliseum. The A's wound up losing and I froze my ace off, but I got a really cute sweatshirt out of the deal so all was well in my world.

The next day is kind of a blur, we drove down and walked through Muir Woods and began our adventure in Napa Valley.

Napa Valley is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Who knew that a bunch of grapes on sticks could make such beautiful scenery. :) Our last day was spent touring various wineries that we selected based on their unavailability in other areas of the country. Frank Family, V. Sattui, and August Briggs to name a few. We had lots of great wine, took tons of great pics, and managed to (illegally) get our selections back to this great state we now call home.

4 comments:

Benjamin said...

Careful, if the Utards find out about the wine, they'll all be so nice to you that you'll be confused and think that it "just feels right" to convert to being an idiot.

Benjamin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LoriLoo310 said...

I am so jealous! Napa Valley looks beautiful. We need to have you over for dinner soon ... I'll call you.

Anonymous said...

Ab I asked Brandi this question and I she did not answer me. So, what's the plan for working on your family? Its no suprise that Brandi is looking forward to having babies and I can not wait to see her with a big belly. Keep us all informed, leaving out the details of course!! :)