Thursday, July 12, 2007

Just a quick update...

So it's almost 7am and I've been sitting at my desk at work for well over an hour. My morning started by waking up at 4am to make sure that Terry got to the airport by 5. Terry's leaving to go home and do his annual 4 weeks of training with the Guard. Sometime in the next few weeks he'll be receiving orders for when he's going to Iraq. I'm hoping it's later.. later than the end of November.

Terry and his wife are expecting another little girl in November, and I really hope he can be here for her birth. He deserves that.

So.. Terry arrived at the airport in plenty of time, and I decided to go ahead and come in to work. By the time I drove home i'd probably get an hour of sleep before I had to get back up and spend another hour in the car... sooo. Work it is. Thank GOD for Starbucks being open at 5:30!! Hopefully I'll be getting out of here around 2 or 3 today. We'll see.

Ab's dad's in town for a few days. He's here for the Investools 3 Day Live event. It's good to see family. I know Ab enjoyed time with him last night more than he thought he would. (not that he doesnt LOVE time with his dad.. if you know Ab... you KNOW he loves his dad), but I think he realized being around his dad that he missed it more than he thought. It's easy to get into our flow of life here and block out the fact that we miss our families and friends (which we do like crazy), but when people come and visit it makes us realize that much more how lonely it can be here. Anywhoo... Al will be here until Sunday, and I'm looking forward to it. Last night he took us to Rodizio (?) that place is AMAZING!! For those of you who don't know. It's a Brazilian steakhouse where the servers walk aroudn with HUGE skewers of meat and serve it to you right off the skewer. Usually they have around... 17-20 different meats, and apparently on weekends they have exotic meat like rattlesnake. Crazy..

Anywho. Nothing to really update on. I'm trying to think of some fun things to do in this city. It's pretty hot here.. even minus the humidity, but it'd be nice to say that I did something "outdoorsy" in Utah.

Man.. I can't wait for ski season.

No comments: